Monday, April 28, 2008

The Birth of a Business


Five years it has been, since I first knew that I wanted to sustain a livelihood via a home business.
Five years it has taken, to brainstorm an idea, and to develop a concept.
Five years, and the birth of a business is finally here.
In the grand scheme of things, it isn't that big of a deal. Just a rinky dink ol' children's educational entertainment company.
In the grand scheme of things, I am yet another person trying to make another dollar. However, I am not peddling cheap crap, only quality, educational entertainment.
In the grand scheme of things, it is simply one more day leading to the next.
One more revolution of the earth on its axis.
One more trip around that great circle in the sky.
Nonetheless, 'All Things Round' is up and running.
"Houston, we have a lift off."
Though the website is nowhere near the professional, Dreamweaver image that I conjure up in my fantasies, it is visible and present on this here internet highway. Take a peek, if you're interested, and send me a shout from the contact page.

www.allthingsround.com


When I was in elementary school, I wanted to be an astronaut. In middle school, I had evolved the title into something like this: "When I grow up I want to be a Doctor of Aeronautics."
Now, as 31-year old woman, I have traveled the globe, - albeit within the earth's atmosphere. I have taught space science to young people at Astrocamp. And I have spent soul filling nights under star studded skies becoming intimately aware of the northern hemisphere sky.
Now, as a grown up, I create my own vision of space travel, - of not having to spend upwards of forty hours a week away from my little love nest. Of blending my passions for education, art, and the outdoors into a sustainable livelihood. Of using my creativity and intelligence to earn an honest and fair wage.