Monday, May 2, 2011

An Ode to the Past

Yesterday, my heart was broken.
Mistaking the mirage in the shattered mirror
for me, I erroneously believed
that I was the broken pieces, scattered like bits
of colored glass - all the mistakes that have come before.
Yesterday, my heart was broken but today,
sitting here in stillness and silence as morning birds
chirp out a spring's refrain and as the vehicles of a
Saturday city amble by, I reclaim what was never lost.
I sink into the wholeness, the presence and the non-duality
of this Be-ing.
Now, the tears that fall from these rosy cheeks roll into
glimmering diamonds. They lay strewn at my folded feet,
their sharp edges once again sanded by the hands of time.
Taking my mat, I bow to the day, turn and walk away.
Leaving those priceless jewels twinkling in the
rays of the dawn's early light.
An offering of beauty, brilliance and bounty.
Namaste.