Monday, November 23, 2009

Gratitude

This morning, there is something that I must do for, I am broken open.
My spirit is spilling over.
My cup is full, to the brim.
My soul quenched.
If I do not lay bare the contents of this zest, my zeal, then I am bound to harbor such palpably felt notions all day.
Thus, in order to move on,
I must let go.
I must purge.
I must tell -
all.

I am grateful.

To be here, now.
Typing this, able of body, purposeful of spirit,
and clear of mind.

I am thankful
for it all.
For my experiences
of having been born
to two error prone human beings
who have always supported
my non-linear trajectory,
my wandering ways, &
my be-ing.

I am grateful for the wide spectrum of others that
these initial two came with -
Craig and Colleen, Cool, Carat, Chelsea, KC, Classy, Champ, Chit and Chat
and the travels, in, through, and around an eastern coast to the wild shores of the Pacific, that were required in order to maintain
a vast human network of ancestry accrued over a lifetime, decades, centuries and, yes even, milennia.

I honor
this land, upon which we all traverse.
This planet, that feeds me,
that provides nutrients, soil, shelves, and water
so that we may all live, thrive, and prosper.

I recognize our other Earthly inhabitants and neighbors.
I honor their be-ing,
their pollination, their foraging,
their burrowing, their hibernating, their simple food chain and
vulnerable eco-systems.

I wish
nothing more
than for each of us to say
"this is it"
"this is perfect -
what we have right now
is enough."

I seek for us all to feel
fulfilled of purpose,
respected for our message,
protected by our men,
nurtured by our women,
loved.

I am love.
I love.
I love you.

For I am also in deep gratitude
I am bent at the knees
I am bowing
my head is in deep reverence
it is in full contact
with the ground.

I am grateful
for you.
Whoever you are,
family, friend, fe, fi, fo, or fum,
wherever you are,
China, Canada, Pakistan,
Sudan, Samoa, Sri Lanka,
the North Pole,
or in your head.

I honor the divine
in YOU
in me
in Earth
in us all
in simply being human.

During these up and coming holy-days
as the Earth continues to spin us
away from the sun
and into the dark
into the rich fertility
of our hearts
may you know
this
peace
this
love
this you
this me
this life
this wonder
the mystery of all
that is.