Friday, April 17, 2009

A 21st Century Post-Human and Embodiment

Hallelujah!
The light has finally clicked on.
For years, this blog was mainly a place
where I would inundate virtual reality
with my post/post-modern meanderings.
"As an artist in this information age,
how do I maintain my connection to the ground
below my feet even as I venture deeper and deeper
into cyber space?"
was the question that my existentialist self
kept consistently pondering. Eschewing it in
prose, in personal narrative, in film, and in
dance. Now, finally, a concept has emerged.
Embodiment is the answer I had been seeking.


From here on out, "From the Ground Up" will
explore what embodiment is; what it means to
be embodied; and why, today, as we continue to evolve into
our "post-human" selves, embodiment is more crucial
than it ever has been.

I will include photos, interviews, and more, all
in the hopes of sharing this study with you.
Stay tuned, and subscribe.
It's going to get good, folks. Real good.