Friday, January 15, 2010

How I Ended Up Here...

Oh, let me count the ways.

1.) Through my mama's vagina.

2.) Due to my father's 40-year profession in which he relocated from San Francisco (where he met said mama) to Toronto, Ontario, Canada (where I was born) and then down to San Diego (where I was raised).

3.) After a middle class upbringing in the 'burbs of North County, and then heading north to Sonoma County for embodying the hippie ways of college days.

4.) From ample years spent living rAW ~ from the streets of Berzerkeley to around the globe and back to So Cal, where I became intimately acquainted with a northern hemisphere night sky.

5.) To returning to San Diego where I writhed and withered in the madness of love, erroneously believing that I had to constrain who I was in order to be in some monogamous pairing.


Yes, there are many locations and places, emotions and ways of being, in which I find myself.

Fortunately, I am referring more to my newest role as Vice President of ROOTS San Diego Sustainable Food Project.