Thursday, March 4, 2010

To E~volve, We must become IN~volved...

The title above is a quote straight from my dear friend, Kristen Watson's, mouth.
Kristen is a Jivamukti yoga teacher who lives, teaches and practices sharing her compassionate light
with locals in Encinitas, and beyond.  Recently, Kristen enlisted my help in drawing up a flier for her Goddess Yoga Retreat to be held at the Glen Ivy Spiritual Center in May.  Naturally, I was only too eager to lend a hand.  Fresh from my recent excursions of having been in front of the camera, I inquired if we could do a photo shoot down at Swami's.
As these attached photos tell, the process was delectable - a winter sun was making its way over a southwesetern horizon, a high tide pummeled waves against tidal pools and we both found ourselves wet yet happy.  It was a nice escape from the seemingly tumultuousness that has been life lately.  For  
these past few weeks, and months, have felt especially rocky.

The ground is shaking - and not just in Haiti and Chile.  Little earthquakes have been taking place all around us, rattling some foundations while bringing other unstable structures crashing down.  Although I am gratefully referring to a metaphor here, I nonetheless wonder if these minor tremors are a mere taste of what the impending future has in store.

In the past, I have often ran away when the going got tough.  It was simply and usually too hot in the kitchen, so I always got out.  Now, I am finding myself called to bring my services forth and to offer what aid I can.  Now, I am challenging myself to not only stay but to dig my feet in deeper, like a rooted tree, and to sway, rock and roll with the breezes as well as the colliding tectonic plates.
Now ~ for this is all there is.

 This one moment, this collective beat of our hearts, this giant pulse.

I don't know what this new epoch has in store and though I sometimes feel fearful about the dominant myths that pervade our collective consciousness, I have chosen to believe in and work towards an alternative vision.  Reveling in our vulnerable humanity, with Kristen on these Pacific shores as well as with the many others who grace my path, is one way in which I am continuing to root down, down, down.  Listening, hearing, and truly embodying sage words of wisdom, such as "In order to evolve, we must become involved," is another.

So, become In~volved, my friends - in your children's imaginations; in the place in you where the child still remains; in our elder's hearts and minds; in this planet's tall grasses; in whatever calls you forth to offer your shining brilliance and your divine soul be-ing.  Let us E~volve, together...

As we enter into this next phase of our biological evolution, what intentions are you setting for our human species and this earthly planet??