Thursday, March 25, 2010

A True Cinderella Story

I arrived late.  The sun had long set and I was nervous.  Prior to my arrival, I knew not where a light source was located, how to close the cylindrical roof or, even, if I would startle anyone with my appearance.  Nonetheless, I pressed on.

A cool southern wind blew off of the Pacific and caressed my milky shoulders.  A crescent moon peaked its partially hidden face out from behind the shifting clouds.  Night sounds of chirping crickets and croaking frogs filled the air.  The scents of a damp Earth, pregnant and full, filled my nostrils.

I breathed in ~~~~ deeply.

While fantastically admiring my surroundings, I approached my abode for the night and my soul sang out in deep harmony.  A round yurt, twenty feet across and twenty feet high, sat before me, it's double french doors awaiting my arrival.  My heart burst open as I ceremoniously danced and spun on the wood chip laden ground.  I savored each moment of this ~~~ now.
I relished in my arrival ~~~ home.

It did not matter that I froze in the queen-sized bed that sleepless night only to wake and realize that I had neglected to close the roof dome.  It did not bother me to have to wander about in the quarter-lit night while attempting to brush my teeth and empty my bowels.
It was pure, sweet delight.
It was as I have always dreamed.
It was my fantasy, reawakened.
It was my reminder ~~~ Yes, you can have this, Cara.
 
In the light of an early dawn, a pair of bright green converse greeted me from their perch on the linseed-oil floor.  I wandered up to them.  "Try me," their tongues chirped.  They slid on my size 8 feet like a glove and I meandered out into the almost spring day, elated.

It is as they say, "If the shoe fits..."