Saturday, May 29, 2010

(Or, also titled, "Because I have been negligent in posting to this here blog this month..")

Untitled


I am the grass on a cool, autumn day,
I am the sun, radiating warmth and heat,
I am the wind whispering in your ear,
And I am the cold chill shaking its finger in your face.

I am the tomboy, getting dirty outside,
I am the spoiled brat, spewing saliva and raging his fists,
I am the bald-headed anarchist, who fucks the police,
And I can be the yin to your yang.


I can be the glue that holds us together, 
And I am the gum beneath your shoe.


I can be the baby, protected by fierce others,
I can be the little girl, moving in the mirror, 
I can be the virgin, giving it up to a Joseph,
I can be the sign, and the one to just say "No!"

I can be the rock climber, setting routes around the world,
I can be the pro BMX'er, who takes a spill,
I can be the gold medalist to any Olympic judge,
and I am the promise you make to yourself.


I am the performer, taking center stage,
I am the van Gogh, cutting off my ear,
I am the sonnet of a time now past,
I can be the word, and I can be the page.


I am the smooth-skinned pin-up, taking space on your wall,
I am the superficial glance of a passing fancy, 
I am the philosophy major, and the analytical bookworm,
I can be the tomorrow and I can be the hell.


I can be the Victorian explorer, experiencing dark passions abroad,
I can be the deep bronze of a southern California tan,
I can be the actor in any reality show,
I am the fashion icon, the mangy mutt and the sleek ride,
I am the commerce and I am the sell.

I am the tragic victim, the abused child and the neglected dog,
I am the everything, with all that I am,
and I am the nothing with all that I am not.


I can be me, on any given whim,
and I can be you, without having to be told to.


I am the one, giant beat,
I am the temporary now.
For I am the moment,
I am the kiss,
I am the "yes" falling from your lips.


I am the perfect
reflection.