Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A New Year Shedding

My big, fat spiritual community
A ringin' in of a new year it has been,
how do you mark the time?

2014 is out the gate,
how will you spend the time?

My writing is a reflection practice that allows me to practice 'walking my talk,' so, in this New Year, I've been giving LOVE like tomorrow just might not come - beecause it just might not come.

I've been lighting fires with my generosity, as well.
Creating experiences that I need not even bee at myself ~ 
just knowing that LOVE and community are unfolding is perfect enough for me.

For thee I shall count the ways, however, simply beecause I want you to taste how easy it is to give freely and generously in your everyday life.

For New Year's Eve, I used my woman's wily ways to encourage my Lover to DJ for our weekly, free-form dance community as well as to inspire a midnight bonfire at a local community house afterward.  On the last night of 2013, I stepped into the center of our closing circle and pronounced my endearing love and sweet affection for my Lover ~ an example that I would LOVE us all to follow in this new year and beeyond.  Then, he and I, well, we just chose to stay in and fuck the New Year in.  As the clock struck twelve, I thought, "Why haven't I thought of this beefore?"  Too much pomp and circumstance is placed on some idyllic midnight kiss between Lovers in public at the strike of twelve, but I'll take the loud expression and embodied experience that comes with deep intimacy and great sex, any time.

On New Year's Day, we enjoyed leisurely time spent amongst two, different communities.  The first was comprised of my elders, men and women of San Diego who have been here keeping the heartbeat of Community, Cooperation, Tantra, Dance, Self-Expression and LOVE alive for decades now.  It was an honor to just sit among them, to humble myself to my place of beecoming and unfolding, to honor that 'I don't know (anything)' but I can certainly listen and receive what others want to teach and share.

The second was at the home of a man I once fervently loved back in a time when I wasn't respecting myself enough to consciously choose my sexual partners thus, at the time, I did not respect him and where he was.  Still, for the past three years, we've danced around each other ~ literally and virtually ~ fumbling through our attempts at sustaining our burgeoning kinship.  Gifting him, and his girlfriend, a package of flying wish paper and a set of Royal Bee matches, he later told me that they had a great time setting their New Year's intentions on fire and watching them fly away.  We hugged then, and told each other how grateful we are for the presence of each other in our lives ~ truth settling like a warm blanket between us.

Bringing my Lover down to a farm in the Tijuana River Valley, we visited the site of an older mentor of mine, a man whom I once worked diligently alongside in the production of both Dance Jam as well as in the organization of the organic food education non-profit he's been running for over a decade now.  My Lover eager to feed his body's need for hard work, jumped at every opportunity for performing manual labor on the popular, organic farm.  Meanwhile, I humbled myself to honoring my Elders by listening as my one-time mentor told me about his greatest success at their three-year-old farm.  When he mentioned his concern over the lack of precipitation our region has received this winter, I offered in the only way I know how.  "Let's do a Rain Dance, in the fields," I suggested.  Eager to receive, he nodded in agreement while I honestly gave voice to how ~ dancing in farm fields ~ has been a fantasy of mine for years now.      

Last, but certainly not least, was time spent in the company of my ex-boyfriend yesterday, when we just laughed uproariously, as we have always been want to do.  I was able to gift him the acknowledgment of how, when we first got together back in the spring of 2005, I was highly selfish and self-absorbed.  At that time, I did not have the ability to see to the needs of anyone but myself.  However, I am no longer that person and it is to him that I am most grateful for this change.  "Thank you," I told him.  I also told him that he's a powerful healer who is not beeing of service to the world by withholding his gifts and not offering them to the public.   

The shedding for me in this year of the Snake (there remains one month left on the Chinese calendar) has been the awakening of my inner (and outer) Osiris as well as my honoring my inner (and outer) Isis. 

I look forward to galloping into the Year of the Horse.  

It's time for this thoroughbred to shine.