Monday, September 15, 2014

One. Week. To Goooooooooooooooo


Baby Boy,

You've blown into my life as a blessing, chasing away any remaining demons and leaving nothing but a Powerful Warrior Goddess in your wake. This year (and I have been pregnant all year long!), has been the best year of my entire adult life. Still, I can not fathom what lay on the other side of your birth. Instead, I promise to do what I have been doing, which is taking Life one day at a time. You've dropped me farther and deeper into presence and just bee-ing than I could have ever hoped for, or imagined. And I thank you for this. I trust that we shall continue to teach each other much as the moments unfold, moment by moment by moment.

So, here I am so close to your due date (which is slated for Sunday, Sept. 21st ~ the International Day of Peace, which is only fitting since you are a son of White Buffalo Calf Woman ; ) and, aside from beeing exhausted due to a now most auspicious heat wave that has hit San Diego County (making sleep even more unbearable for a 9-month pregnant woman!), I am happy, I am healthy and I am ready for whatever is to come. 

Part of me feels a desire to mourn this passing phase, even as I prepare myself for my second rite of passage, aka Labor. Much like my Rattlesnake Bite taught me, pain is relative ~ the treasure lays in just how much I can breathe through and bee with extreme discomfort. I am not afraid of our up and coming Delivery Dance. I welcome it! I embrace it! I can't wait to discover this part of me ~ how She dances, writhes and wriggles through the ebb and flow of contractions.

I've been reading Sue Monk Kidd's The Dance of the Dissident Daughter and, like much of my reading of late, it is yet another affirmation of how I simply embody Life ~ for there is nothing else "to do" here. As your Daddy said yesterday, "Cara, I was reading someone's thoughts about Spirituality and he basically said what you espouse, "Just Bee." Don't try to force an outcome, or meditate life away. Don't try to manipulate a response or premeditate a way. Just Bee." In Kidd's book, among many others, I am given the opportunity to witness where my own evolution has brought me. This Goddess is well aware of who She is and why She is Here. 

My intention is to raise you to know your Divinity AND to instill in you the humility of celebrating and honoring Divinity in every reflection you come across. For this is the true state of grace.
We are not here to take due to some sense of erroneous entitlement. We are here to GIVE, to bee of service and to lead powerful lives that demonstrate LOVE ~ allowing the flaws of our natural humanity to shine forth as we steadfastly plod towards that steady drumbeat of Harmony & Justice for All.


You, as well as all of your Soul Sisters and Brothers coming into Bee~ing now,

are our Miracles! 

May you remember.


We Love You All Ways,

your Parents in Body, Mind & Spirit