Thursday, April 25, 2024

The Rainbow Shooter Mobile is Born

The RV was filled with loss. It wasn't just that Burt and I had bought it together from Uncle Todd and planned on roadschooling you across the USA with it. It was that I had cleaned it and filled it with all of the beautiful things we had kept from our downsize. It was our nurturing nest that we were to return home from, after our south of the border sojourn, but instead Uncle Todd had a health crisis of his own and his estate manager ran willy-nilly over his property. Liquidating most of our precious belongings in the process. So when I walked into the RV, I was reminded of all the things we lost. Thus, I sold it and I got really clear on what I needed and what my price range was for purchasing a van. I also wasn't keen on taking on the age and upkeep of the RV alone. The van seemed a lot more manageable for me as a single woman and lone mother. We found our van north of Temecula. I knew it was ours when I pulled up. The day we drove it home, we noticed that it literally "shot rainbows" due to the light refraction of its front side lights. Hence, how it came to have its name. We fixed it up at Steve and Fiona's and then we drove north to Vista to have a soft start of living out of the Rainbow Shooter while camping outside of Mama Jamie's Buena Creek home. We spent the month of May 2020 preparing for our departure. You had the girls and their two dogs to play with and I was finally able, with Jamie's assitance, to drop in and start feeling some of my grief. I began making musical playlists so that I could feel my feelings and start crying. As I had begun noticing that I was behaving with more irritability, and bitchiness. Quick to frustration and easily annoyed, I needed to cry. I also needed to release my rage. Creating means for doing both of these things began here, at Jamie's house. Mama Kimberly bought a white van a week before we got ours. Along with Mamas Dina and Gina, we had all come to the conclusion that we needed to hit the road on a mental health journey. Our Mama Caravan was born. With Mama Kimberly, we set out for a soft start at Letty's place in Idyllwild.