Monday, August 9, 2010

Gifts from me to you and you to me and me to me and on and on...

Are coincidences really an accident? Or, is there such a thing as divine law?  Is some invisible hand continually guiding our fates as we traverse along this road called life?  If so, could it be our own?
I don't know. 
And, I'm certainly not here to debate science or religion. 
Rather, what I have been doing is really, finally trying to listen.  "What am I saying?  And, what intentions am I putting out into the world?" was where I chose to begin.
Back in early June, I overheard myself saying two things.  The first was about how I wanted "summer loving."  Initially, I was only halfheartedly implying it to both my friends and myself.  Then, on a Friday night, my lovely friend Chris stroked the right side of my body as I lay fully extended on a dance studio floor.  My dormant sexual desires enlivened at his touch as my senses tingled and glistened.  It was in that precise moment, when the voice of my bodymindspirit spoke directly to my heart: "You deserve sexual healing and touch, Cara."
Right.
Yes, I do. 
Thus, I began to truly honor this intention of mine.  "I want summer loving," was the mantra.  The following week, while pulling off of University Avenue and onto 28th Street in order to park my car, I had a premonition that the tall, dark and handsome man (who has been saying that he will come to my class for the past two months), would be in attendance.  Rather, it was another tall, dark and handsome man who showed up, expressing that he was there to "learn and grow."  (How sexy is that?!)  Having known him for the past year, I took advantage of the trust that had already grown between us as I kept pulling him up and into contact, teaching him a few moves here and there.  Together, we simply enjoyed the early summer evening.  By its very nature, Contact Dance is inherently sensual.  As a result, this younger man pressed for more after the clock had struck midnight.  Instead, we agreed upon a shared dinner for that Sunday.
The second statement that I had recently overheard myself lamenting about was as to how "very few people actually invite me in (to their homes and their lives) in an attempt at getting to know me."  On that Sunday, while strolling in between the residential streets of downtown Encinitas during the interim between dance church and my Sunday evening dinner date, a community member drove by.  He rolled his box-like vehicle to a stop, and called me over to the driver side window.  "I just came from Seaside Market.  Wanna come over for a bite?" he inquired.  Initially, I looked the gift horse right in the mouth.  "No, thanks," I replied.  Instead, I was choosing to do what I always do ~ spend good, quality time alone and in the company of myself.  "Wait!" my bodymindspirit screamed.  "What were you just saying the other day?" I inquired.  So, instead of following my same comfortable and reliable path, I took a risk and walked over to his nearby home.  "I changed my mind," I sweetly cooed as I walked into his frontyard garden.
Although my first intention was not made manifest in these moments or with either of these gentleman, what was manifested was my ability to speak, listen to and honor my intentions (no matter how superfluous or, even, superficial they may seem) as well as to respond in the moment(s) when the universe was seemingly collaborating, offering and answering these intentions. 
Since then, I have been working at continuing to hone these abilities and, I must confess, my knack for recognizing synchronicity when it is happening, right now, has become spot on.  I've gotta say that my timing, of late, is red hot! 
YESSSssssssssssssssssss....

Oh yeah, and I did receive some of that summer loving that I was asking for.
Good thing summer isn't over yet.  ; )

I hope you're getting some, too.