Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sacred Sexuality and the Holy Whore

"Sexuality becomes sacred when the Goddess residing in every woman is honored. "
--diana rose hartmann

one week
seven days
one hundred sixty eight hours
was how long it lasted
my desire to explore
the sacred prostitute

one of the many archetypes
of divine, feminine essence
i gave myself permission
to forgo society's taunting calls
of slut, whore and sleaze
and to walk willingly into the fire
the burning inferno
of primal lust and passion
into dante's hell that yields
greek tragedies and spins them into
yarns of gold.

i was eager and willing
until
the sage insight dawned
i was already playing the role
my sexual love for this weak and feeble man
could be a path to spiritual evolution
toward the re-illumination of his energy, light, and expansive creative force.
i thought i could be
the mary magdalene to his jesus christ.

but time passes, lust fades and the ego nips
at my heels 
at my courage and my resolve
at 33
i have no desire to 
give give give give and give some more
to a grown man
who does not yet know how to love
who does not yet think beyond
his dick his self
his me me me
i i i 
 
i am not a tantrika
i am just a regular ol' human
a slight woman
looking to get by
on her faith and love alone
so, men, do yourselves a favor
DO US A FAVOR
go, figure out how to connect
your root chakra to your heart chakra
all of your chakras
back into one supple and strong spine
and then come back to us
come back and be
the magnanimous you
the God to our Goddess
the belly to our Buddha
the light to our dark
and the wisdom to our creativity.


Be.