Wednesday, January 25, 2012

On the Healing of Our Shared Divinity (& taking back something I've said previously)

So, I am announcing to the Universe what my heart wants....
I want to be Saved.
By God, yes (though not so much by "Jesus Christ" as in a born-again kind of way). 
By the Sun, a Son - a masculine counterpart.

Because I'm done pretending that I have it together.
I don't.
I'm finished playing the strong, self-assured, know-it-all role.
I'm none of these things.
I'm just this frail human bee-ing,
whose weaknesses desperately need to be filled by the strengths of others.

I made a mess of my life with all of that anger.
It's wreaked havoc and, yet, its miraculous what I've been able
to sew together from its aftermath.  In my re-discovery of HOPE,
I've also been reclaiming my essence, which is LOVE.

So, lately, I've been telling my girlfriends that I'm ready for my night in shining armor.
That he'll gallop in and stake his rightful claim to the throne.  With the clarity of vision to see that in his powerfully taking what is rightfully his, he fulfills his passionate purpose, as well as his natural-born desire to sow his seeds of global love. 

I want the Brad Pitt to my Angelina, the winning coach to my star quarterback.
Because I don't have this - not alone.  None of us do.