Tuesday, February 25, 2014

All This Practice

image found here

I have not been tending to diligent blogging like I did last year because, in this year of the Wood Horse, I am intentionally shifting - posting my musings and cultural critiques for more eyes to spy in wider arenas.  It doesn't mean I don't love you; it simply means that I'm negotiating balance, day by day by day.  It's a fun dance.

As I twirl through these days of my life (sometimes, while even hardly moving at all!), I am mesmerized by the most recent years and all the practice they have brought with them - practicing writing; practicing dancing; practicing being in and building community; practicing leadership; practicing relationship; practicing presence; practicing awareness; practicing listening and practicing speaking up.  It's been messy and frivolous; it's been arduous, at times, and exciting; it's been filled with what I would have once judged as 'mistakes' and now just call 'learning;' and it is chock-full of LESSONS, lessons, lessons that just keep coming 'round until I seemingly evolve right on and into the next one.  Thank God life on planet Earth offers us this opportunity.

And, I guess, what I'm feeling is that This Is It!  Again, there's nothing more but this - PRACTICE.  There will be no end point when I'm 'perfect,' have it all figured out and everyone will just love and accept what I say and do as "the word."  (Thank Goddess for that!)  Or, when I'll "have it all" with no need to practice any longer.  There will just be practice until the day I die and this is the gift we are given.  

What my practicing LOVE and openness has taught me, even when it was confusing to identify my own constriction, scarcity mentality and fear, by continually trying to release my discerning mind while collectively engaging with others - even when it's felt painful and trying and my intuition screams, "I told you so!" -  is....................


 ........................................................................... that I will keep on keeping on and encouraging You to EMPOWER YOURSELF.