Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On Omens, Signs and Synchronicity

The All-Seeing Eyes at Liberty Advance, photo courtesy of Jack Rudra


A ripe, Harvest moon made its post-dawn way over a western horizon of rock-dotted hilltops found 4,000 feet up a southern California desert.  The illuminated orb sat, pregnant and full, in a dusk, early Autumn sky.  In an adjacent meadow, one hundred yards away, a mountain lion stood stoic in the drying grass, equally mesmerized by the magical sight overhead.  The playful cougar pounced, preyed and sat Shiva-like, upright and erect, as the second-hand of time marched on and as Swallows swooped and dove on warm breezes.  For an hour, I moved, breathed and embodied these visions dancing right in front of my eyes - they were as real as my heart beating and as true as my pulse racing.  In the silent stillness, I was fully present to this ever-unfolding moment and to the alchemy of N-O-W.

For years, I have asked to witness a mountain lion in its natural habitat and there it was, gracing me with its presence and ease.  Slinking like a cat, but built like a large dog, its long, S-shaped tail gave away its identity, even from my safe and comfortable distance.  The universe was offering me its bounty.  God was answering my prayers.  All I had to do was stop long enough to notice, listen gently enough to hear and feel deeply enough to experience.  All I had to do was set my intentions and pray. 

My 5'2" frame vibrated on mystical realms of fantastical reality.  I giggled hysterically and made love to the surrounding air currents.  I looked up once more at that rock face and, for the first time ever in my life, I recognized the Yin Yang symbol.  It has been there all along - the trust that everything is in perfect balance and the recognition that the constant interplay of masculine and feminine, of light and dark, of expanding and contracting and force and power is perfectly aligned.  Resistance is futile.
For perfection exists now.  It has always been here, present and ever-ready for me, for us, to simply take heed and notice.

I dare you...