Thursday, September 30, 2010

Perfect Reflection

I am the grass
on a cool, autumn day,
I am the sun
radiating warmth and heat,
I am the wind whispering in your ear
and I am the cold chill shaking its finger in your face.

I am the tomboy, getting dirty outside,
I am the spoiled brat, spewing saliva and raging his fists,
I am the bald-headed anarchist who fucks the police,
I can be the sigh, and the one to just say "No!"

I can be the baby protected by fierce others,
I can be the little girl, moving in the mirror,
I can be the virgin, giving it up to a Joseph,
I am the yin to your yang.

I am the glue that holds us together
and I can be the gum beneath your shoe.

I can be the rock climber, setting routes around the world,
I can be the pro-BMX'er, who takes a spill,
I can be the gold medalist to any Olympic judge,
and I am the promise you make to yourself.

I am the performer, taking center stage,
I am the van Gogh, cutting off my ear,
I am the sonnet of a time now past,
I can be the word, and I can be the page.

I am the smooth skinned pin-up taking space on your wall,
I am the superficial glance of a passing fancy,
I am the philosophy major, and the analytical bookworm,
I can be the tomorrow and I can be the hell.

I can be the Victorian explorer, experiencing dark passions abroad,
I can be the deep bronze of a year-long southern California tan,
I can be the actor in any reality show,
for I am the fashion icon, the mangy mutt and the sleek ride,
I am the commerce and I am the sell.

I am the tragic victim, the abused child and the neglected dog.
I am the everything, with all that I am,
And I am the nothing, with all that I am not.

I can be me on any given whim,
and I can be you without having to be told to.

I can be the one, giant beat,
I can be the temporary now.
For I am the moment,
I am the kiss,
I am the "Yes" falling from your lips,

I am
the perfect
reflection.