Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On Waking

I've only begun to wake.
Groggily, I still, occasionally, toss and turn in fits of restlessness and resistance.
This coming to is something altogether new.


"When did you begin to emerge from your deep slumber?" the question rolls out of your mouth.
"It's relative," I quixotically reply.
"Perhaps, it was the impetus of last summer - of finally trying to choose to feed my highest good.   
Perhaps, it was simply fatigue.
I was tired.


I was tired of wishing for  more - for a taller, thinner, richer, smarter, more this, less that, smaller amount of something and extra helping of another "Me." 
I was tired of going to bed at night and praying to wake up in an alternative reality - one in which I am perpetually better and all that I am meant to be.
I was exhausted by a lack of vitality, a deep displeasure and a loss of excitement for my own day-to-day living.  
I was simply beat.




Perhaps it has also been the supernatural tonics of magic and medicine, methodically brewed for this moment, now, by local shamans and wise elders.
Perhaps, it was Grandmother Ayahuasca herself who promised that, with patience, my counterpart would be on the other side of the fanning flames.  Perhaps, it was she who whispered in my ear sweet nothings of deep humility, who encouraged fervent bows of extreme gratitude and who broke through my chiseled facade with her pulsing, deep rhythm ~ an evening in which I experienced the miraculous flow of time as though it truly were nothing more than one seamless river.  
Here in the caves, there in the spaceships - there is no separation between.


More than likely, however, it's simply been ME.  
My trying to tend to the garden of my soul.  
My doing my work - sowing seeds of love and transformation through the fluid language of the dance.  
My reflection and rumination upon intention and then utilizing it as a tool in my life.  As 
Dr. Wayne Dyer espouses, the power of intention is a life-changing force.


3 Questions for You to Use Intention In Your Life
(Wherever you are going, or wherever you are, you can use these three questions as a map to get you where you, ultimately, want to go.)
1.) What brought me here?
2.) What would I like to see happen?
3.) What do I need from this community/environment/experience?