Saturday, September 10, 2011

Suspended Between

Suspended between
what is to come
and all that I have ever known,
I teeter.

A surreal dream,
reality is no longer mere reflections.
All that is within is without.
Brilliantly attuned, I dance with the Universe.
A sparkling macrocosm, my microcosm made manifest.

Walking into a future,
the vision no longer just a shimmering mirage
for my choice beckons me in the present.
"The time is now," he says.

My Body, still so earth-bound & passionate
shakes in violent convulsions
at all that I must leave behind.
My Spirit, however, has finally committed.

Hawk medicine, screaming my name
for months now, is pure and clear.
"It is time to spread your wings
and take flight." 
The time is now.
The time is now.

And, the sadness is gone.
The fear, no more.
All that remains
is LOVE.

Ready to rise and elevate,
like a whirling eddy of leaves
blowing in the wind
on a city street corner.
Then, gone. 
And, never to return.

"You're almost 35," my mother admonishes.
"It's time to settle down."
"Perhaps, that isn't my path," I finally declare.

Still not knowing what truly is to come,
I remain
Open
and Flowing,
like the Ocean.