Friday, September 23, 2011

Tears Roll

Once upon a time, we suffered together...

An autumn equinox sky opened up and briefly poured down on a San Diego city morning today.
As the last few months have been demonstrating, "the inner is the outer" and it was as though the Earth was responding in the same exact way that my Bodymind has spent the past week.  Feeling has been moving through me and its powerful current - mimicking the potency of this time now - has led to repeated tears being shed.  Lately, it isn't sadness or, even, pain as much as it is a release and an allowing for what isThe uncertainty of change is here and it's palpable.  The simple act of surrendering to not knowing what is to come or "why" is great.  It just is and, lately, all I can do is release this energy in the form of rivulets running down my cheeks.

Fall has come, bringing with it the collection of all that we have spent good time sowing and seeding as well as a celebration of harvest.  Soon, the land will once again be barren.  Leaves are turning, from vibrant green to decaying browns and yellows.  They fall underfoot, as we march by in our steady stream to nowhere - yet always here.  A shedding of skin,  my ego lessens its hold on its belief in linear time.  Like a snake in the grass, I settle in.  She encourages me to tap these roots, deeper,  to draw stronger breaths and to tone the core.  "You already know where this is going," she says and I believe her every word.