Monday, February 20, 2012

i like it cheesy...

straight up with orange and white sprinkles
littered like stars across my vegetarian pizza
i like it cheesy like your grin spread from ear to ear
as you strike the same, reliable pose - your best! -
for the ineffable camera, i like it cheesy
like sugar pop pouring out of the loudspeakers
as i bump along this journey called life opening up the engine
when the convertible pours itself off of the merge dumping me
onto a spot of road in the middle of our county
in the center of a place of a vibrant space and time where story
continues to unfold like the waves washing up against these southern shores
cheesy like the holes in my spirit that simultaneously let the light in even
as i crash and screech from one moment into the next hoping to fill it to fill it
to fill it back up to bursting but, instead, it's full of holes like a thin slice of swiss
cheesy like me when i'm singing obnoxiously loud on the dance floor
in the car in my heart because this song must be let out this cheese must be shared
this ounce of nutritious milk sliced from my beating chest deserves to be
received.
received.
do you receive?