Monday, July 16, 2012

(because he says it BEST)


Where Everything is MUSIC
by Rumi

"Don't worry about saving these songs
And if one of our instruments breaks
It doesn't matter
We have fallen into the place where everything is music

The strumming and the flute notes rise into the atmosphere
And even if the whole world's harp should burn up
There will still be hidden instruments playing

Stop the words now
Open the window in the center of your chest
And the Spirit flows in and out."

BUOYANCY
"Love has taken away my practices,
and filled me with poetry.

I tried to keep quietly repeating no strength but yours,
but I couldn't.

I had to clap and sing.
I used to be respectable and chaste and stable,
but who can stand in this strong wind,
and remember those things?

A mountain keeps an echo deep inside itself,
that's how I hold your voice.
~~~~~~
So the sea-journey goes on, and who knows where!
Just to be held by the ocean is the best luck we could have.
It's a total waking up!

Why should we grieve that we've been sleeping?
It doesn't matter how long we've been unconscious.

We're groggy, but let the guilt go.
Feel the motions of tenderness around you,
the buoyancy!"

Rumi,
my beeloved,
keeper of the sacred flame en mi corazon...