Friday, July 13, 2012

i'm not your FREE-Da

A graduate school peer just inquired if I wanted to perform in Denver this fall.
"Sure," was my immediate response.
"Great, we need someone to play a bouffon/butoh Fridah Kahlo with the pins in her cast and a sugar skull mask," she typed.  "While very serious opera singers sing German art songs about love, betrayal, and dead babies."

Sounds killer and "Frida" is a title that I've, perhaps, become too used to wearing. 

"We need someone to dance the life of a woman whose career was more important than her marriage and her "life" and she uses her life to fuel her art." 
"Oh."

I have already wished Diego on his own way in this lifetime. 
Now, I think I'll cast Frida off, too.
Maybee, I'll just take my classmate up on her offer to be her editor in Denver....