Thursday, August 15, 2013

8: Sex Isn't Love & LOVE Isn't SEX

(Dance Break:
Cue Taylor Swift's "You Found Me" and prance around the living room with a 10- and 8-year-old.
"I knew you were trouble when you walked in...."
"TROUBLE
TROUBLE
TROUBLE.")

((Good thing I like TROUBLE.
And I always have.))

It was quite a past week.
Making out with two distinctly different individuals.
Actively talking about SEX and beeing in Lover-ship.
"What does it look like?"
And how do we redefine some of our most intimate relating-ships, especially in light of all of that has come before?

One person's pattern is to find himself sexually engaging with someone
and then falling into serial monogamy with her as a result.
From my vantage point, this doesn't seem to work.
The other person, also recently out of a long-term relationship,
is trying to create sexual connection with Others from her place of need and desire.
From my perspective, 'neediness' isn't a turn-on, either.

As O. and I have been feeling into, we're practicing healthy unattachment.
The obsessive compulsive thinking, the addiction to the buzzing energy brewing in our bellies, the desire for something more than this, the need to try and shape an outcome as well as the blatant expectations never seemed energetically sustainable. 
"What does this mean in regards to passion and beeing in love?" we inquire.  We Know Not. 

One thing we do know, though, is that this is about TANTRA -
it's about MAKING LOVE TO EVERY MOMENT. 
FLIRTING WITH POSSIBILITY. 
ALLOWING LIFE TO UNFOLD AS IT IS GOING TO
(regardless of any choices we *think* we are or are not making).


AND IT IS ABOUT WANTING TO BEE MET IN THIS LOCATION ~ FROM A PLACE OF LIGHT JOYFULLNESS WHERE WE RETURN, AGAIN AND AGAIN, NOT BECAUSE OF HEAVY OBLIGATION BUT BECAUSE WE ARE DEEPLY FED, NOURISHED AND SUSTAINED BY OUR SHARED EXPERIENCE.  (Even as the pain and suffering of LIFE rears its head, because it will.)

Today, K. typed me this: "By the way, I had a vision while brushing my teeth of being a bee visiting the nectar of lots of flowers.  I much prefer that lovely image for my current journey of sexual exploration."  And my response is that I would LOVE to bee your flower ~ any time.    

Post-Script: Sex isn't in our minds.  It's in our bodies.  The more you sensually connect to your sexual body and heart, the more you can let go of your mind-fucking.  You do not need another person to do this.  However, if you feel the need to explore sexually with others, then TRUST that you are always making the best choices for YOU.  I, personally, am still working on Conscious Conversation around this topic.  "Let's Talk About Sex, Baby!"