Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm Holding My Self Up as a Model...of UNsustainability

I want to be clear.

I preach about "sustainability" and this idea of what it means to "endure"
because I have not been sustainable, because I honestly do not know what taking just enough
in this moment
n-o-w
looks like.

I honestly don't really know
how to let go
of the moments that have come before
of the pain of the past
and of that little ball of excitement for an elusive future
(which may or may not come).

And, I sure as heck do not know how to make nuclear fusion.
I'm not a sun
(I'm a daughter.)
I'm just a wee little human
not a burning bright orb of spinning gas located thousands of light years away.

I'm simply
here, now
placing one foot, in front of the other
and walking forward into some
unknowable present,
ever unfolding,
and always magnificent
if i simply take the time
to
stop

and

notice.