Thursday, December 15, 2011

On My Power, Lost & Found (take III)

Boy & Girl, Bro & Sis

I received a "rejection" notice in my e-box today.  I've become more used to these "No's" than ever.  However, this one reminded me of being in my last semester of graduate school and, during the winter break, receiving the news that no, I would not be graduating and that, instead, I was required to demonstrate more valiant effort.  I cried, and played the victim then.  "Wahhh, poor me," I wailed to my ex. 

Today, the writing is on the wall.  Good luck, bad luck, who knows?  Plus, it is time I fully step up and put my action where my mouth is.  As, all week, I have also been rubbing up against the edges of the full self-empowerment of others.  And I recognized that I can give you a space but that I can't give you self-empowerment.  So, "how do I teach this?" is the question that arose in my inquiring BodyMind.  The answer that came is, "You can't, Cara.  You can only EMBODY it."
 
What losing and reclaiming My Power has reminded of is that the only way forward is by letting go of the past as well as releasing any static notions I have of what is to come in the future.  And, this means, that my EGO must (emotions) Go!  Because, ultimately, what Power, my dog, continually reminds me of is that what is the most measurable in this lifetime now is the way that we touch and affect one another.  Our Relationships are What Feed Us - deeply.  Our Connection with Each Other is the Only Thing That Will Sustain Us.  So, my ego must go because then what I implied about family and kids earlier is far from the mark...  

Today, I honor the challenge that is before me: can I let go of the heaviness of my past as well as release my expectations of any future outcomes so that I may fully embrace this here and now? 
Only time will tell.