Friday, December 9, 2011

Playing BIG

I LOVE PLAYING BIG.
I LOVE DREAMING BIG 
and tossing all of my metaphorical chips onto the table for a hand that,
intuition tells me, is spot on.
I LOVE TAKING RISKS 
(even though it has taken me a long time to learn how to take the big emotional risks along with the large physical risks that this embodied bee-ing has always relished.)
I love aiming for the Andromeda Galaxy because I figure that landing on the Moon will be just as exciting and wonderful an opporunity.
Also, I love trying.  In the end, my BodyMind needs to know that I gave my heart a 110% fightin' chance. 
I simply try not to expect an outcome and I cultivate gratitude for wherever I land.
It's the only way forward.

So, playing BIG - what does this look like?  It's not just a soundbite.  It's not just a word uttered at the end of yoga class, like "Namaste," yet left to bite the dust as the reality of the real world hits.  
Playing BIG means digging deep. 
It means allowing ourselves to be human and, guess what?  There are times when I feel like playing small, by whining about the small stuff, venting, complaining, etc.  And, this is okay.  I grant myself permission to show up how I need to in the moment because the only thing I can ever know is my own intention.  When I want to play small, I let people know that this is what I'm doing - "Hey," I say.  "I need to get this off my chest." 

However, my intention is LOVE ~ always love.  And, this is how I play BIG.  By loving myself first and foremost so that when I am feeling "small," I do not simply entertain my own dis-empowerment.  Rather, I acknowledge my feelings for what they are.  If I am feeling resentful or envious toward another, then I dig deep.  "What's going on, Cara?" I ask myself.  And the response I usually receive is as to how I have not been showing up in the way that this other is currently embodying. 

By noticing this, I challenge myself to take action in my own life so that I can feel good about my own movement through this world.  This is what then allows me the space to acknowledge the work, strengths and talents of others. 

Yes, I am a highly competitive human being.  I LOVE COMPETITION.  I love to chase and be chased.  I love to play games and win.  And, I love to play the coach as I cheer others on to their own winnings. 
However, the only person I can ever compete with in this world is ME (especially when we are all just mirror reflections of each other).  It is I who truly knows what I am capable of and as to what I am not capable of.  By honoring my weaknesses, I can hold your hand in partnership because your strengths help to lift me up.  It's so simple.

So, I TRY TO PLAY BIG most of the time.  I try to look at you through the gaze of love and compassion.  For you are me.  And I want you to WIN, to succeed, to be healthy and happy.  Sometimes, I am judgmental and ugly and I hope you can forgive me for being human.  ; )
Just as I will always forgive you.
There is just no other way to play.