Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ECLIPSING POWER

The Moon is My Friend (photo by Kevin McIlwaine)

"All things come from the most high
Love is my religion and the reason why
My heart beats with blood in my veins
after all is left behind only Love remains.
Pranayama breathing in the light,
letting go into the flow, surrendering the fight.
Peace is in every step of the way
every sunrise is another blessed day.
Spiritual revolution, a humble solution,
waking up to living life like we're the evolution.
What the future holds, only time will tell,
be-ing here now we come to know us so well."  

These lyrics are from my new friend - although I haven't met her yet - Shylah's song,  "Om namah shivaya."  This ancient Hindu mantra translates into something like this: I bow to Shiva -  my inner True Self, and that which remains once all has been destroyed.  For, in the end, only LOVE remains ~ ONLY LOVE REMAINS.  

It's a POWER-FULL day for those of us who are paying attention.  A Full Lunar Eclipse is taking place at, roughly, 12:15pm on this Wednesday, June 15th, 2011.  Today's numbers have other significance in my own personal life, as well.  When I was coming of age and into this woman's body, back in 1991, my first boyfriend - a jock two years my senior - celebrated his birth on this day.  In high school, the signs of his being swallowed whole by our collective darkness were already showing.  Ten years later, he overdosed on heroin in his ramshackle apartment while living the lonely life of an Army reservist in Portland, Oregon.  Today marks a decade since his death and two decades since our dance was vibrating within the beautiful innocence of pure, young Love.  

This morning, one of my favorite baristas at Krakatoa up in Golden Hill claimed that it's a day made for the tweens who love their mini-series, "Twilight."  I chuckled at her early comedy and shared with her how I had awoken from a dream about vampires and werewolves just yesterday morning.  In my dream, I was steadfastly moving around my parent's North County home, where I boarded up the shutters and closed and locked the doors and windows to the impending darkness as well as to the vampires who lived across the street and the werewolves who would be sauntering down the backyard hill come twilight.  In my dream, my maternal instinct had me eager to protect the purity of a beautiful, young maiden as well as an infant, baby boy who had a mop of hair on his head and who was so peculiar looking that, at times, a few of us wondered if he had down syndrome.  (Upon this inquiry, I kept shrugging my shoulders, surrendering to the mystery and stating that "only time will tell.")     

Fortunately, my internal alarm clock went off, just as it always does, around 6am and I walked out of my cave and into the Hive, where my dear Soul-brother Samuel had spent the night.  We walked up that golden hill together and, after picking up my daily coffee ritual, climbed into the nurturing arms of Grandmother Magnolia.  Together, we spoke of many things - specifically, of both of our work with transformation and how to leverage collective transmutation.  "I don't know," I shrugged.  "But I'm willing to try and find out."  When I began to share with him the relevance of my morning's dream to my daily life, a Hummingbird flew right between us.  It paused and hovered there, a foot from my face, for many heartbeats.  All I could do was to laugh, and enjoy.  What else is there?   

My insightful Soul-brother, offered me these sage words.  "A vampire is just a character," he said, "that doesn't ever feel nourished.  Oft times, many who exhibit this characteristic in "real" life, suffered as infants from not being given the breast milk they were craving, when they craved it.  So, they move through life with an incessant desire to suck, suck, suck, but without the ability to ever feel satiated."  "What misery to never feel the fullness of contentment!" I cried.  "The hummingbird," Sam says, "can reflect this same behavior.  It moves from flower to flower, filling itself with sweet nectar, but unable to maintain satiation due to its perpetual motion and the incessant beating of its wings."  "Yes, and its medicine also represents JOY," another teacher, Amrita Joy Anada Ma, shared with me last night when I spoke of all of the signs and omens that are repeatedly smacking me in the face.  

"And you," Sam brings the conversation back around, full circle, as we sit perched in my favorite, personal "office."  "Your upright, erect posture is the exact complement to this characteristic, Cara.  You are so self-reliant because you've never felt supported.  Rather, you've always felt that you had to take it all on yourself.  I can do it myself has been your mantra for too long now."  So the question, oh Dear One, becomes, can we meet in the middle?  Can I melt into allowing my spine to soften and my body to be supported by others?  And, can you sink into experiencing satiation, into feeling full and nourished, complete and whole?  Indeed, only time will tell.