Wednesday, May 9, 2012

BARE DOWN

We Give Birth to our Dreams and Ideas, too.


When I first moved into an apartment of my own as a nineteen-year-old college student, I remember feeling sadness over how - even after a first year spent living in the dorms - I didn't really have any friends.  Back then, I didn't know how to be a friend so I mainly spent my time in contemplative solitude. 

I've never minded being alone - truth be told, I quite like it.  I need a spaciousness of energy and time that allows for deep reflection and full Self-expression.  In fact, it has been my sinking deeper into both of these that has illuminated the past errors of my ways while teaching me how to embody that which my heart really sings for. 

Today, my life is a complete and total blessing.  I am surrounded by amazing, brilliant women, men, children and animals who are consistently reflecting my highest Self - which I believe is presence and love.  Our relating is the most gratifying human experience that I can taste - feeding and fueling my being, deeply.  After all, what is the flower of life without all of the pollinating, dancing and living together of the Bees who turn the landscape into sweetness and color into nourishment?  
It would just be a singular, lone stem lilting in a wafting breeze. 

So, we are in the collective throes of labor and though we are not exactly sure what the baby we are about to give birth to will look like, we trust that the brilliant love and positive intentions we have been pouring into all of our seeds will make manifest the most perfect and necessary creation.  What's more is that we embody how this is it - there is nothing more.  Our co-creating, our joyful tumbling over and around one another's frail humanity as well as huge divinity is it.  
There's nothing more.