Thursday, May 31, 2012

(still) healing

pressed up against the looking glass, i peer in wonder
"can i make the change?" 
courage feels like a lifetime ago as fear grips my being.  the refrain is the same - a little ditty about unworthiness that plays over and over again, like a broken record.  yet, i also hear the illusion for what it is - a simple shadow image from the fog that is currently clouding my vision.
it's not mine to own or a bag to carry, any longer.
tears slowly begin to descend, i raise my hand and wipe away the mirage.
gratitude beats in my heart.  a consistent pulse, it vibrates for this space, too.
a collective, human gathering place where pain, trauma and suffering reside.
a container, it allows me deep empathy & caring compassion. 
i can hold your hurt just as simply as i can hold your hand.