Saturday, May 5, 2012

SETBACK

5 1/2 weeks since the bite of the Cascabel was inflicted

(Others have curiously asked to see my bite wound.  I haven't shown in awhile because I need to keep the wound covered.  I chose to upload this photo, taken today, because you can't really see how "gross" my leg looks.  ; )  However, you can get a sense of what I mean when I say, "I have open flesh just hanging out...")

After four weeks of rapid healing, my rattlesnake bite wound became infected last week.  The "why?' of it lay in a few answers: I allowed for contact that was too close and, as my leg was continually brushed up against, I intuitively knew that the abrasion was not a good thing.  I also fell back into some emotional and professional patterning that simply does not feed my highest good.  The result was a fever, an aching tooth (also dead tissue), yellow pus, and a foul smelling odor.  (All this plus being on my cycle!)  It wasn't intentional, of course, and, as can be true to a past me, I tried to avoid the whole ordeal.  "Oh, if I just pretend it's okay, it will all go away," is how the thinking goes.  And, truth be told, the fat, 800 milligram, horse pill of Ibuprofen that I swallowed certainly did aid in some of my convenience seeking.  Thank God!

While attending a Ridvan celebration of the Ba'hai faith, the event's hostess, as well as friend of my mother, was laid up with a swollen and hurt lower leg of her own.  "Goddess, it's so apparent!"  I sang to my mother afterward.  "We're hurting!  And, we have been for far too long." 

As the world continues to turn, a few solutions keep arriving upon my doorstep.  The most pertinent word seems to be BALANCE.  Balancing my own self and my way forward through the world with less extreme leaps and more soft sinking into the next step, perhaps.  Also, balancing our collective selves with this eternal dance of the Divine Masculine and the Divine Feminine found within each of us by shifting our relationship with our Earth Mother as we honor the guidance of our Sky Father.  As J shared with me today, "The rattle has long been used by indigenous cultures for calling the Warrior back in."  

So, I'm remembering to move slower while allowing for the time and space to continue focusing on my own personal as well as our global transformation.  Another potent word that came up yesterday was EMPOWERMENT.  "What does it look, sound and feel like to bee a fully empowered human being brightly shining forth in this new era?" was the question.
LET US ALL EMBODY THE ANSWER.