Wednesday, May 30, 2012

wounded warrior

My warrior is wounded.
I can't pretend otherwise.  I can't walk through this world only wielding images of strength and valor when there is also this cowardly, little voice within commanding that I "Run!"  "Hide."  "Cover your face."  "Back down."  No, don't.  You can't.
Humph.
My warrior is wounded.
He's forgotten how to show up and protect me and, as a result, I don't trust him any longer.
The funny thing is, I look around the world outside of me and I want to point my finger at this mistrust.
"Where does it begin, C?" J would ask me.
And, she's right - she's almost always right.  It begins with me.

This now is the perfect time to heal this energy.  
"Make a decision," comes a disembodied voice out of the ether.
"And, unflinchingly show up until the reality of your vision is made manifest." 
 
YES, I ACCEPT. 

Discipline, loyalty, purpose, mindfullness, adaptability, skillfulness, initiative, energy, effort, contribution, & POWER.