Sunday, December 15, 2013

honoring the dark

I have't been typing here as often of late because my life is currently thick with VITALITY and real-time human connection that keeps me reflecting, digging and in amusement - daily.  As I surrender to the discomfort in my body that I am also experiencing in tandem with the depth of the intimacy that I share with dozens of people, I recognize that I HONOR THE DARKNESS by remaining pressed up against new and unfamiliar edges and planes while allowing the MYSTERY of all that I do not "know" to unfold and unveil itself around me.  To bee quite honest, this is new terrain ~ at least my recent adoption of an approach that is COMMITTED to my/the/our Highest Truth is.  Now, what the hell do I mean by that?

On Friday, I went into see a powerful, local acupuncturist.  After taking a hot yoga class this past week (my first official class in years!), I experienced the heigth of my body's mineral depletion - my throbbing right temple ready to burst forth into a major headache at any moment and my inability to replenish my electrolytes back into my body.  After thirty years of suffering from regular headaches/migraines as my main life ailment, I decided I had had enough ~ "I am releasing the illusion that I have to suffer," I told my lover in bed last night.  

What this requires, mainly, is for me to choose ME as my first priority by declaring that I deserve to energetically sustain my high vibration - everyday - and in most moments of my life.   See, I once erroneously beelieved that my monthly headaches were fair exchange for the high level of whole beeing health I radiate.   This is a falsehood, however ~ "I don't have to suffer - not one bit." And, here is TRUTH ~ suffering is optional.  Unfortunately, we've been raised and led to beelieve that suffering is a natural part of beeing human on planet Earth.  It's not.  

These Bodies, Hearts, Minds and Souls are naturally harmonious.  We seek to live in balance.  Obviously, clearing out the clutter of cultural conditioning takes time, and work.  I am working hard (spiritually speaking) so that those who come after me will not have to do so much backpedaling in order to flourish as we were all meant to.  I hope you will, too.

"Did I tell you how I got these headaches?" I asked my lover the other night.  He nodded his head "No" in response.  "When I was eight or nine, I would arrive home from school and, on days when I knew my mother was home because she did not go to work, I would feel anxious about what kind of mood I would find her in.  So, I would strategize outside the house's gate and, sometimes, I would pretend I had a headache in order to gain her sympathy immediately upon my arrival."  "Talk about manipulation!" he said in response.  "Yeah, well, I did it to avert a potential beating."  "I know," he said, patting my hand.  Remaining quiet, I thought to myself about how 'it takes One to know One.'  Indeed.