Tuesday, December 3, 2013

MEDICINE WOMAN

Thanks Living
"It's intriguing the way you really work with the metaphor of Medicine," he said.
"When did you start doing this?"
"Just last year, really," I replied.
"An acquaintance had run a Chaldean numerological reading on my name and kept pressing that there was something really important associated with my grandmother and me.  In hindsight, I come from a lineage of Medicine women ~ although they had been brainwashed to assimilate to a forceful way that strips humans of their authentic power and, thus, were extremely disconnected to their own internal fire as a result."

Then, I remembered a conversation my sister and I had when I was a little girl and she, four years my senior, had come to embrace her love of animals and her desire to one day become a veterinarian.  "Cara, you have to bee a nurse, since I am not going to bee," she advised me.   "Noooooooooo," I whined in response, "I don't want to."  To this day, I remain adamant that I am not a western medical caregiver.  I simply don't beelieve in its ways.

Obviously, I am (relatively) young and have only recently embarked upon this self-ascribed journey of beeing a Medicine Person.  I look forward to where it takes me.  However, there are key indicators that delineate this path:

  • The understanding that EVERYTHING is comprised of energy.  When I was girl, I treated all things - including living beeings as well as inanimate objects - with reverence and Love.  (I also had emotional eruptions the size of Mt. Etna - this was learned behavior that came with a lack of positive emotional development, however.)
  • A commitment to moving towards the light, even in the midst of confusion and chaos.  Music and Harmony are an integral component of the Medicine Person's path.
  • Creating Beauty by continually choosing to respond to the light and/or transmuting destructive, painful, turbulent energy into Harmony through the Power of Creativity, Reflective Thinking, and Heart-Centered, Embodied Practices (Walking, Dancing, Sex, etc.)
  • Accepting Death, as well as Shadow, as an inherent part and important balance of life lived on planet Earth.  All things must die in order to bee reborn.
  • Honoring Circadian Rhythms, both internal and external, as well as the Natural Cycle of Life ~ Birth, Death, Rebirth.
  • Understanding that the Mind is not solely located in our Heads - our entire body is a breathing, thinking organism.  Whatever inflicted traumas or self-imposed suffering one part of us experiences, it is intrinsically connected to our Body or Mind, as well.
  • Recognition that this Earth is your primary Body.  Whatever happens on and to this planet, happens to you!
  • 110% Commitment to your own personal growth, development and healing; acceptance that your sole job is to aid in the evolution of the Soul you now carry within your Body during this lifetime; and full acknowledgment that this is the only path to World Harmony and Peace.
  • An essential non-judgmental, embodiment practice in which One is feeding his/her internal innocence and joy, coupled with an expressive practice in which One is giving voice to her/his gratitude, ecstasy and fulfillment regularly.
  • Regular celebration and reverence, as well as the diligent work of sowing the seeds and cultivating the fields, of DIVERSITY - including bio-diversity across the face of our globe as well as human diversity of shape, size, ages, abilities, tongues, forms of prayer, etc.
  • Crafting MEANING in our lives not through external rewards or recognition, but through an internal commitment to living One's own "Hero's Journey," or "Love Story."
  • Using metaphor for rewriting cultural narrative and story, and literally digging into the Earth's soil as a means to replenish the Soul of a (nearly) Depleted Human Species.
  • Eating Earth-grown foods with as little processing as possible as often as we can, and using the natural healing elements found within the Earth's plants, trees, roots and more, to cure us of our ailments, dis-eases, etc.
NOW IS THE TIME.  
WE ARE ALL MEDICINE PEOPLE HERE.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT.