Thursday, December 5, 2013

(i have come to) BUILD A BRIDGE


http://www.crystalinks.com/shamanism.html
"There are, strictly speaking, no enlightened people; 
there is only enlightened activity."  
--Shunryu Suzuki

I apprenticed one of our local Medicine women here in Encinitas yesterday.  She is a powerful healer whom I have had the good fortune of working along beeside, off and on, for the past thee years.  Mainly, she begs me to apply my "Creative Director" talents to her home-based business.  (Yes, I say that with great humility as well as pride!) 

She works with our most primary heart beat and rhythm - the drum - as a healing tool for our personal and global consciousness.  One of her projects was teaching the art of drum circle facilitation to local Northern Iraqi's as a means of conflict resolution for the many diverse tribes there that were greatly affected by the war.  She also actively studied under Michael Bernard Beckwith of Agape! in Los Angeles for years, as well.  It is an honor to bee bowing down to serve those who have paved the way so that we could bee here now.  

Modern examples of ancient Shamanism, there are many ways to practice Medicine for the People today.  One of my sistars is currently studying the art of apothecary in Northern California in order to brings it into our local community, meanwhile I enjoy the luxurious use of her beach side pad.  One of my brothers, like Nahko beelow, is focused on his voice and music as a primary healing tool - and, beelieve me, what flies out of his mouth is pure heart and Soul.   I focus on our Body - on literal and metaphorical movement as well as intimacy and connection - since it is the primary tool we each came to this planet with. 
 

Listen with your heart to what your true gifts are and SHARE, SHARE, SHARE these with your Loved Ones, community and the planet.  Feel deeply, learn to think for yourself once more and beegin discriminating between that which is harmful for you and that which feeds your internal fire. 
You can do it ~ I beelieve in YOU.



 "How people treat you is their karma;
how you react is yours."  
--Wayne Dyer