Monday, December 27, 2010

Wanting to Transcend the Individual, Capatalistic I's

"Because i don't live in either my past or my future. I'm interested in only the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you'll be a happy man. You'll see that there is life in the desert, that there are stars in the heavens and that tribesmen fight because they are a part of the human race. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we're living right now."
--from Coelho's Alchemist

The fact remains that what i am is
Human.
And that these feelings,
whether positive or negative
good or bad,
are simply par for course
for this Be-ing human.

Personally, i have only recently allowed myself -
i have only recently dropped deeper down into this experience of -
Be-ing human.
Of trying to connect with and from my heart
to myself and others
to this Earth and all of its majesty
in words and action
in song and dance
in music and meaning
in sound and silence.


So, why then, would i want to transcend it?

Why would i still -
even after all of the postings to the contrary,
even after all of the espousing upon the "Here & Now" -
want to escape it?
Why would I desire to move beyond it?
To seek a way out of
this?

As Benjamin says, time after time again:
"You are Perfect."
What he means is: As i am N-o-w, in all of my
judgment and withholding, in my erection and righteousness,
in my desire to protect and defend.
For part of this be-ing human is
an animal response
a willingness to risk one's life
for death
for feeling
for standing up strong, proud and free
for this Be-ing

here

and

n-o-w.