Friday, December 24, 2010

I Am Not Afraid...

to piss you off.

Whether its my words on war or my thoughts on religion.
Sometimes, it is even what i speak to your face.
One of my truths is that i do not fear conflict.
(It is one of the consequences of having grown up in my hOMe.)
In fact, i believe that conflict is a vital and necessary part of life.
It is only through turbulence that we grow, after all.

In this era of superficial niceties, i find honesty refreshing.
In fact, i demand it. You speaking your truth is music to my ears.
Sometimes, your truth may hurt and puncture my Be-ing ~ and,
i thank you for it. It's the opportunity i need for deep reflection.
In this generation of quick catch-phrases, of 140 characters and
faux-"consciousness," i honor and revel in your anger, in your depth
of thought and in your willingness to question.

In fact, i beg that you feel, deeply - if what you feel is
pissed off, then great!
Anger is and can be a catalyst.
It is also one of the first steps in healing, as well.

So, get angry ("'cuz if you're not, then you aren't paying attention")
and once you've grown bored of this energy
let's meet back in the middle,
and figure out where we can GrOw
together
from here.

i'm counting on you.