Wednesday, April 4, 2012

HEAL is a 4-Letter Word

I had the audacity to judge the size of the right leg earlier on this day.

heal

1. to make healthy, whole, or sound; restore to health; free from ailment.
2. to bring to an end or conclusion, as conflicts between people or groups, usually with the strong implication of restoring former amity; settle; reconcile: They tried to heal the rift between them but were unsuccessful.
3. to free from evil; cleanse; purify: to heal the soul.
 
Long overdue tears came, so I sat with the bee-auty. 
Experiencing deep sadness at how, in our sometimes reckless pursuits of "Love," we can unintentionally rip.  Tearing in to one another's hearts, we pull at the seams of our souls as though we are just worn, decades-old blankets.    
It hurts.
Like the elephantitis of the left leg I experienced when, from my left hip to my left toes my body ballooned up and out in response to the venomous bite of a cascabel.  

"Why do you think this happened?" he asks.
It's a re-occuring question and I've refrained from jumping on to a karmic bandwagon or an analytical rationalization.  "I don't know," is my answer.  So, tonight, I'm calling upon my own power to heal my life.  I'll only offer a few tastes here so that I inspire you to do the same for your life.  (If you are currently experiencing any chronic pain or ongoing ailments.  If you do not suffer, wow!  Bless you!!!) 

from Ted Andrews' Animal Speak 
Snake Medicine can represent rebirth, resurrection, initiation and wisdom.
To the Native Americans the snake is a symbol of transformation & healing.
In Greece, the snake was a symbol of alchemy & healing.
Because the snake sheds its skin, the snake has long been a symbol of death and rebirth.
When snake shows up in your life, examine what is going on around you.  
 
Are you needing to make changes but aren't for some reason?  (Yes.)
Are you striking out at people and shouldn't?  (Yes.)
Are you not striking and should?  (Yes.)
Remember that a snake also bites for defense.
What is needing to be healed? (ME!)
What new opportunities are surfacing that you need to strike out for and take advantage of?  (Many.)

Snakes are the symbol of change and healing.  When snake comes into your life, you can look for a rebirth into new powers of creativity and wisdom.  

from Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life 
On Accidents:
Accidents are no accident.  They can represent an inability to speak up for the self, among other things.
Our legs carry us forward in life.  Issues involving our lower legs can represent a fear of the future and not wanting to move. 

So, I figured that while I'm here, I'll look at my other ailments, too.
After all, to
HEAL is -
LIKE LOVE -
a 4-Letter Word.