Sunday, April 8, 2012

to be (re-)BORN is a four-letter word (HAPPY EASTER)


"When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
There's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?


I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up...


I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got yeah, we got a lot at stake

And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in

I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not
And who I am


I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up
Still looking up...


I won't give up on us 
God knows I'm tough enough 
We've got a lot to learn 
God knows we're worth it."  --Jason Mraz

P.S. The title of my blog, "Love is a Four Letter Word," was a response to a Facebook conversational thread that I participated in, at the end of December 2011, in which a reflection on the the word "LOVE" - as having created, perhaps, more detriment in the world than good - was offered by a young man I had just met in person.

When I first heard Jason's pop song played on the radio, my soul was immediately filled with pure light and high vibration as his beautifully sung words rang throughout my BodyMind.  Then, months later, while sitting in a hospital bed, this video came across the screen.  I pleasantly found myself warmly smiling as the faces of Americans looking the turbulence of change in the eye flashed.   

Art 

LOVE as also a palpable demonstration of HOPE.

That was when I first discovered that Mr. Mraz named his newest album, due out April 17th and of which this song is featured on,
"Love is a Four Letter Word."
Touché.