Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A New Creation Story


Death and decaying falling off, listlessly fluttering like leaves in the breeze,
drying up, diminishing, dissipating, losing, losing, lost.

In a dream induced haze, I wander
wondering when
this construct, this facade 
this destructive bent will follow suit, will also come spinning
to its final halt.
 
Tragic, sad and withering, wrinkles emerge, deep and creased,
fingers absent-mindedly picked at
and a busy mind chirps on in endless epitaphs.

An imaginary divide it purports separation,
as I seek to escape its vice-like grip
but I am no more than a captive prisoner in its deathly hold
waiting out these days
willing new ways
as I cry and scream and shout
"Hold me!"
and
"Let me just hold you!"

Let these walls of textiles, wood, brick and mortar
of thought, dogma and morality,
of numbers, figures, date and time
fall off
into the wind
floating irreverently about
until they reach their one final note
cast off like the invisible chains they are
no longer keeping us
from one another
from the truth
that we all hold dear deep down
inside
the black bottomless pits of our
shared humanity, of our animal soles
of our wanting, primal nature.

Take me back to the time before
the fall
that loss of grace
and this notion of sin
take me back
to a green and lush planet Earth
where all species roamed free
to exert their own necessary whims
take me back
take me
back
take me
take.

Find me in a period when
my presence is worthy enough
when my actions speak
only of this moment now
when there is no
one
right
way
when we are
we just are
we were
are we
aware?