Monday, June 4, 2012

TEARS

"You can ring my bell, ell, ell, 
Ring My Bell,
My Bell,
ringaringaringa..."  
--Anita Ward

Break me open, with your rhythm and your dance,
Set me free, from these invisible chains 
of slavery
I impose upon my Self
the doors remain unlocked
yet the four walls erected around my brain convince me otherwise.

Three years old and the sound rocked me,
shook me from my innocent stupor,
taking me on a magic carpet ride away
from all of the spaces
of hurting and brokenness, of purpose lost and distraction found,
of pain and resentment, of brainwashing and subliminal messaging.
Do you know that I still struggle to free my Self?

Here I sit, on the precipice between 
all that has come before
all of the taking and disregard, all of the confusion and disrespect,
and all that is to come, 
all of the open hearted willingness to bee the harmony,
to bee the peace and the love.   

We are on the brink of righting true beauty.

My fear is a blanket, it covers my shaking body,
lulling me into a hypnotic state of feigned comfort.
It's call is a lull too hard to ignore as I question my own strength.
Do I trust myself with this now?
I do not know.

I totter like a baby, pulled towards a future that I can not fathom.
I am forced to release my expectations, yet what I feel inside is made manifest outside
for the numbers are telling.  Destiny calls.
What song it sings, only time will tell.  So, I reflect on my own sage advice,
"Choosing Love Means Choosing Work."

The path is clear.  The keystones have been put in place.
All there is to do now is to keep showing up and moving forward,
For soon enough these baby steps will once again become
a sure footed jaunt through this space time warp.

And I'll see you on the other side.