Friday, April 19, 2013

Earth Day Inititation

Spring has sprung
and LOVE blossoms ~
everywhere.
It's in the warm sky,
where the sun's rays provide a welcoming hand.
It's in the cool breeze, dancing across
fragile faces,
and it's the look of emergence
in the eyes of each passerby.

One year ago, I meandered this same path -
healing from a bite wound to my left leg,
we created our own Soular Powered Parade
and marched along a University Avenue
to the biggest Earth Day celebration in the county.
The following weekend, I was offered my first medicine pouch -
made from real Rattlesnake that was then boiling on a Beltane pot.

Yet, time isn't the linear line we're made to beelieve in.
Instead, it's round, curving and fluid. 
And, here I am ~
I have yet to travel to San Francisco to claim my rite of passage.
As I intuited last year, my bite was a beginning step.
Wearing my own medicine pouches appears to bee the true initiation.

Today, I was, once more, gifted a medicine pouch.
Only, in the end, it wasn't my powerful Shamaness sister who had hand-made it
and placed it around my neck.  Rather, it was a man - a stranger, really -
who wandered into the Lady of the Lake, read my t-shirt and asked for what I was offering.
"A hug, please," he asked.  In response to my giving, and to my interest in his hoopdie of a vehicle parked out front, he returned with a gift.  A colored medicine pouch
with a Rose Amethyst Crystal Quartz - the gemstone of LOVE - inside.

"You are beautiful," he said, after he handed me my gift.
I received it, gratefully.
After all, I can't dictate where or how it comes.
I can only give great thanks when it does.
Then, I returned to the sweet nectar I have been involving myself in,
after having tended to my responsibilities, while "working" -
reading Marion Zimmer Bradley's the Mists of Avalon.

Upon returning home, after three days spent playing mama bear to a sistar's
tribe of three young ducklings, I jumped into M's arms.  We sweetly cooed to
each other while playing catch up on the water that has flowed under the bridge this week.
While telling her of today's miraculous events, I said, "It was a year in the coming, and my initiation is complete."