Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tails from a Medicine Pouch

Skating a thin line
between reality and myth
what is what?
and who is who?
And, in the end,
does it really matter?
After all,
the Universe is made up of Story.

As we emerge from the collective darkness
of our mutual suffering,
the light of dawn rising brighter on the horizon,
I walk steadfast in my stride,
my vision clear,
my heart pure,
it pumps the same, brilliant tune -
a symphony I've marched to my entire life.

"You're a social butterfly," you say last night over the phone.
"It's more that my life experience was so extreme that I have to
feed my Soul - I have to feed my Soul," I respond.
And, even for me, this "just bee-ing" isn't always "easy."
My wicked, little mind wants to run ahead and fabricate untruths.
Yet, my EarthBody - divinely in tune - recognizes the messengers as
they arrive.  These days, it's in the form of a Hummingbird.

And, as our experience in the Rooted Living house, comes to a close -
a space where, upon waking from my first night spent here,
the Monarch Butterfly greeted me from the wood floors,
I prepare my wings
to take flight once more.  A little more intact and a whole lot more 
together.