Saturday, April 13, 2013

LOVE as SUCCESS

I've long held the notion that I beelieve in competition in the sense that the person
whom I am always competing with is myself.  I want to bee my best in as many moments as I possibly can.  However, when I do experience jealousy and/or envy - which are natural feelings for all human beeings - then I simply check in.  "What's going on?" I will ask myself.  "What needs do you have that aren't being met?"  In these moments, I know that my sense of inadequacy has nothing to do with anyone outside of myself.

Likewise, I've recently found myself comparing myself with others.  Again, this is a natural human tendency - the inquiry then becomes, "how can I allow myself to bee exactly who and where I am without giving my power away?"  

Our civilization is set up to diminish our power.  These power plays can bee found on stages and platforms everywhere.  With each assertion of a specific "way," a subliminal messaging that any other way of being is 'wrong' is subconsciously conveyed.

So, I was wondering as to what I have created, right here in San Diego, that has been sustainable.  It didn't take long before the answer walked right into the Lady of the Lake.  My senior citizen community of Cathedral Arms caught whiff of my scent, emanating right along with the Frankincense and Myrrh from doors found along a University Avenue.  My biggest cheerleader came in on the same day when I had applied an essential oil, blended to attract "money," to my skin.  "Cara," she cheered, in a Latin accent, "I want to buy your Lovebook.  Three copies, please.  All autographed."  She stuck twenty dollar bills in my pocket, while also pre-paying for my follow-up Lovebook.  I just smiled and surrendered.

Yesterday, I walked over to their 15-story building found at the corner of Park and University and headed up to the sala where, six years ago, I had intentionally carved out time and space for seniors to meet together, in their bodies.  Today, this essential playground remains.  Sitting in a circle of three women and three men, I gazed around the group adoringly as we sat in silent meditation.  Their deeply-lined faces sagging towards the Earth, I marveled at their unique beauty as well as collective resiliency. 

Before and after our shared meditation, we laughed uproariously at the organic follies of this motley crew.  We also talked about our lives, communicating vibrantly about nothing at all and everything all at once.  And, I sank into the deep inner knowing of  LOVE as SUCCESS.  There is nothing more.