Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Who Made You the Center of the Universe?


"I will never bee want you want
and that's alright
'cuz my skin ain't light
and my body ain't tight
and that's alright
but if I might,
I must stand and fight.."

Gratitude brushes my lips,
my face full of your kisses,
this NOW is simply practice.
LOVE is our compass and true north
as we allow for our frailities, weaknesses and imperfections.
We are but human after all.

"I will never be what you want and that’s alright,
I play my own damn tune, I shine like the moon.
And very soon, I’ll soon fly over you.
And what you gonna do when I fly over you?"


And as the darkness and the destruction recedes into the background,
there you are, yet again.  This time in my dreams.  Dark and brooding, moody and non-committal,
your musician self.   I lingered there in bed, wanting, waiting for sleep to remain and dreamtime
to return.  Yet, wake I must.


"Tell me who made you the center of the universe?
Who made you the center of the universe?
Who made you the center of the universe?
Who made you the center of the universe?"


Still dancing, I  twirl through time and space with my siblings.
My brother, my husband, together we grow and lean into our
communication as well as discomfort.  Along the way, we embody our truths
of hope and loyalty.
My sister, my companion, together we dream and lay in our garden
of fertility as well as adversity.  Along the way, we birth new worlds
of compassion and wisdom.

"And every morning when I wake up I pray for you
And then I pray for me that soon you’ll see
How love can be, our love will set you free.
And what it’s gonna be, I see the beauty in your eyes.


Finally, you step forward, taking the lead, guiding me
to the dancefloor,
where we sway and rock, roll and shimmer,
and you hold me there
close
tight
"I love you," I say, nuzzled into your chest,
"I love you, too," you respond into my dark curls.
And so it is.