Monday, April 8, 2013

I AM

My intention was set - I was not going to give my power away.
Yet, there I was losing my sense of Self while a way that I do not beelieve in was paraded
below a proscenium arch.  Held above my head and demonstrated as the end-goal, I naturally fell into comparison and, as I am quick to offer these days, I do not have a financial leg to stand on.
Meanwhile, the words found within my heart song had been hijacked.  "This is our tribe," a disembodied voice croaked, motioning around to a room full of strangers who spent long days together forcefully jutting out hands, shoving business cards into sweaty palms and uttering the death-chasing mantra, "What do you do?"
what do you do?
what do you do?
I LIVE.
I LOVE.
I AM. 
My eyes glossed over, my Spirit parched, I stumbled out of the experience, gasping for breath.  And, there you are - beauty-full, yet trying so hard.  "JUST BEE," I want to scream and shout, jumping up and down and raining all over your parade.  But compassion gets the better of me - it always does - and all I can do is LOVE and take my leave.  After helping me to move through a "breakthrough," Mark teared up because, as he shared, "I've spent my entire adult life trying to remember how to just bee."
JUST BEE.
So, I refrain in order to reflect and decompress.  And then, I head north where my true community awaits.  No dollars are necessary for ours is a consumer-free meeting space and a place that goes on with or without me.  I see 40+ others gathered together on a grassy knoll as I smile at my internal knowing and sense of belonging.  
I AM HOME.
I wander upon a group of three of them - as different as could bee - leaving.  They throw their arms wide open, "Cara!" they exclaim, greeting me, holding me, loving me.  Then, I walk up on US and my coaching is called upon.  "Cara, I need to talk to you."  "Cara, what do you think of this?"  
"Cara," they call.
I AM.