Thursday, January 27, 2011

Letter to You, Dear Friend...

It is what it is.
It IS monumental and yet, it isn't.
It's just life.
Unfolding.
According to Divine Perfect Plan. ♥
Someday, I would LOVE to recount ALL of the juicy moments of LIFE, LOVE & Learning that have flowed as a result of committing to my "Hero's Journey," as a by-product of my listening and trying to truly honor & feed my Soul.
I pray that we - you and I - meet again - in person, sitting face to face, cross-legged under the Bodhi tree, sharing in story ...
However, this time, n-o-w, is pushing me up against all of my own edges. My learning curve is HUGE and the acceleration of time & space around me is speeding up. Yes, Balance is a goal and I am trying by sinking in, by re-membering that "There is No End Point" - only and ever this. Hence, I've been contemplating "Letting Go" in my work and life lately. And, my dear friends have had to say to me, "Get out of the story, Cara." How I appreciate their swift kicks to my butt! Because, in this "Love as Letting Go" I recognize that I must, too, let go of YOU - of what came before, of what may or may not come, of our past and some perceived future. And, I recognize that I have held on so tightly for years because of FEAR. I've been so afraid for soooo long.. to allow my Self to just BE who i really am (and "let your love BE, your very best," Michael Franti). In so many ways, this was how our relationship survived.. I refused to let go of you and our connection because I was too afraid to create new, deep intimacies.
Nonetheless, I have infinite gratitude for You...

---CHC