Monday, January 24, 2011

PURE Cheese

I was late to a business meeting last night.
I needed the time and space to decompress.
Life is swirling.  In fantastic vapors of rhythmic One~ness,
in pungent aromas of melodic synchrony and in this
n-o-w.
Sometimes, it is a lot of stimuli to take in.

So, I carried my Buddha body up that Golden Hill
and, with shoes off and my mindbody in touch with the Earth,
I oozed back in.  Like stepping, slowly into a scalding, hot bath.
I came to.  I was revived.  I sat in pose, I stretched in postures.
I enjoyed the fading of the sun's light over a western horizon as it
quietly fell across a city at dusk.  Prior to this, I stopped along the way
to notice.

Adam was where I usually find him - at the corner of 14th and F Streets.
He was chatting with a woman whom I had yet to meet.  He forcefully
announced my approach.  I felt the woman's instinctive response to defend,
to question me and my motives.  Her walls of defense were palpable.

I introduced myself to her, with an open palm.
"Hi, I'm Cara," I said.
Reluctantly, she met me, "I'm Irene."
"Hey, we're Irene Cara together!" I animatedly respond.
And, right there, on these city streets, I break out into song,
"What a feeling, bein's believin'
I can have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life
Take your passion, and make it happen
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life.
"


In the process, I melt her fortress.
She smiles.
"Yes," she says.  "This is synchrony," she implies.
"I can build towards my dreams," I think I hear say.
Soon, my feet carry me off, up that proverbial hill but my
SoulSpirit has already been hijacked:

"First, when there's nothing but a slow glowing dream
That your fear seems to hide deep inside your mind
All alone I have cried silent tears full of pride
In a world made of steel, made of stone

Well I hear the music, close my eyes, feel the rhythm
Wrap around, take a hold of my heart


Now I hear the music, close my eyes, I am rhythm
In a flash it takes hold of my heart


What a feeling (I am music now), Be-ing's believing (I am rhythm now)
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life
What a feeling (I can really have it all)
What a feeling (Pictures come alive when I call)
I can have it all (I can really have it all)
Have it all (Pictures come alive when I call)
(call, call, call, call, what a feeling) I can have it all
(Be-ing's believin') Be-ing's believin'
(Take your passion, make it happen) make it happen
(What a feeling) what a feeling..."

Oh yeah.
Eventually, I wander back into the Hive.
I step into the warmth and apologize for my tardiness.
"Dorkiness is a sword," Madison and I agree.
"It can slash through and penetrate the Ego."