Monday, January 31, 2011

You were in my dreams, this morning...

Still potent in our coming together,
we once again met in the space between,
where bone and flesh collide
where hungry tongues and waiting want
commingle and discover
freedom
a liberation
a release from all that is.

My body chemistry changed
that day we met.
No longer content in what had been its regular cycle,
now, the dropping comes quicker.
Now, a quickening, internal pulse begs, asks,
demands
fertilization.
But the time is not yet ripe and so I wait.
Blood runs, like rivers, across the tides of my patient heart.
Blood streams, like long-lost currents, between my voluptuous thighs.

Today, I once again awoke to our pawing and grabbing,
to our primal desires once again meeting and feeding,
nurturing a raw simplicity.
This morning, I felt your hot breath on my neck,
your selfish taking pulling at my dress, and my absolute
desire to fulfill whatever need this is - whatever
deep human call your be-ing elicits in me.

This morning, as my bodymind came to and the pitch black of my psyche
began to recede, the reverie slipped like glass beads from my consciousness.
Dropping away and back down into my subconscious where all that
is remains, where the answers to "Why?" may someday be revealed.
Where the light of a fast-approaching dawn begins...

From outside of me, and over my shoulder, a conspicuous laughter
emerged. Not mine, and not human, the knowing cackle simply
laughed. It simply laughed.