Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Please, Let's Not Cloak Our Sexuality..

especially not within a thick gauze of spirituality.

I appreciate straight forward candor.  Like, with the cutie who was standing in line, in front of me, at my nearest coffee shop stomping ground.  He kept looking me, up and down, so I said, "Yes, I am wearing the same thing I wore last night."  "You're adorable," he responded.  "As are you," I quickly came back.  (And, he was.)  This kind of superficial banter and quick come-on is easy.  It's honest, even.  Great, if I see him again; no worries, if I don't.  C'est la vie, and such is the nature of life.  I can dig this.  It's visceral and in the moment.  It's two-dimensional and based on nothing even remotely substantial.

It's the way I prefer it, actually.  Just tell it like it is.  A dear friend recently threw it right out there.  "I want to have passionate, hot sex with you for hours and hours, and continue to be the loving friends that we are."  Yes!  Or, No.  Either way, it's refreshingly honest.  None of this, "Let me tell her what I think she'll want to hear" load of bull.  Which, believe me guys, no woman in her right mind wants to hear "Let's be monogamous" after a few piddly escapades!  (Certainly not me.  So, leave that can of crap at the door.)

More recently, there have been sentiments shared as to how myself and another might have a "spiritual connection" that is worth investigating.  Of course, this call came through my line after he had already spent some time - that very same day - exploring another "spiritual connection" with a close friend.  Hmmm...  I am open, certainly.  But, please, only when you have you seen me with my head bald, once again looking like the Tibetan Monk that I can transform into; when you have lifted me up from a cold pavement, with excrement running down my leg; and when you have looked deep into the liquid brown pools of my eyes, past the youth and beauty that this time n-o-w sometimes displays and into my raw, vulnerable humanity where all is and is simultaneously not; THEN you can say,
"I do believe there is something deeper at play here."
Although, those words won't be necessary then -
your actions will have said it all.